Asthma specialist Virendra Singh joins AAP
Jaipur: Renowned asthma specialist and Chief Editor of `Lung India` Dr Virendra Singh on Thursday joined Aam Admi Party (AAP) after obtaining voluntary retirement from the post of Superintendent of SMS hospital here.
"Dr Singh will play a major role in AAP`s anti-corruption campaign and bring good governance and swaraj to common man, the party`s state head Ashok Jain said.
Dr Singh is likely to be filed by AAP from Jaipur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Dr Singh has received several awards, including NRDC, B C Roy, National Academy of Medical Sciences, and highest merit cash award from the Government of Rajasthan in the field of Asthma and respiratory ailments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter