‘Atmosphere of fear still looms large in Gopalgarh`
Jaipur: Nearly ten months after Gopalgarh village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district was rocked by communal violence, which left 10 people dead, there is still an atmosphere of fear in the area, a Muslim outfit claimed on Friday.
A delegation of Rajasthan Muslim Forum recently visited the village and spoke to families of victims there.
"There is an atmosphere of fear in Gopalgarh even after so many months. We demand that the then SP and Collector be arrested and the matter be investigated impartially by the CBI," a release by the forum said today.
A land-related dispute between the Gujjar community and a minority community turned violent in September last year, prompting the police to open fire.
Ten people of the minority community were killed in the firing.
The matter is under investigation by the CBI.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress
- Ramdev sees 'Indianess' in Priyanka, finds Sonia a 'staunch Catholic'; wants Rahul to be strong
- Who were four Indian Prime Ministers who addressed US Congress before Modi
- Efforts on to revive dying Hindon river: Uma Bharti
- Severe heat wave warning in coastal Odisha