‘Atmosphere of fear still looms large in Gopalgarh`
Jaipur: Nearly ten months after Gopalgarh village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district was rocked by communal violence, which left 10 people dead, there is still an atmosphere of fear in the area, a Muslim outfit claimed on Friday.
A delegation of Rajasthan Muslim Forum recently visited the village and spoke to families of victims there.
"There is an atmosphere of fear in Gopalgarh even after so many months. We demand that the then SP and Collector be arrested and the matter be investigated impartially by the CBI," a release by the forum said today.
A land-related dispute between the Gujjar community and a minority community turned violent in September last year, prompting the police to open fire.
Ten people of the minority community were killed in the firing.
The matter is under investigation by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog