Babu Lal Nagar case: Rape victim undergoes medical test
Jaipur: A married woman who has alleged rape by a Rajasthan minister underwent a medical examination at a hospital here Thursday and escorted investigators to the crime scene, police said. The minister, who has resigned, refuted the allegation.
The woman, who two days back claimed Minister of State for Dairy and Rural Industries Babu Lal Nagar raped her, was taken to Sawai Man Singh Hospital for the medical test, police said.
"A board of three doctors carried out the examination and handed over its report to police. The report is being examined," a police officer said.
"We also took the woman to the minister`s residence in Civil Lines area where the alleged rape took place. The woman helped the investigating team physically verify the crime scene," he said.
The officer added that the woman`s statement will also be recorded before a magistrate.
Earlier, Nagar told reporters that he sent in his resignation letter to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s office to let police conduct a free and fair probe.
A first information report (FIR) was Tuesday registered against Nagar at the Sodala police station here.
Nagar claimed innocence and alleged he was being framed in "a political conspiracy".
"My house was swarming with people on Sep 11, the day when the woman says she was raped. I was not alone even for a minute," said Nagar.
Nagar represents the Dudu constituency in Ajmer district in the state assembly.
A police officer said the woman recently approached a court which directed police to register the FIR against the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi