Baby Damini discharged from hospital
Jaipur: Motherless baby Damini, who was admitted at a private hospital here following government support, was Monday discharged in a healthy condition.
Damini, now one-and-a-half month old, whose father was compelled to carry her in a cloth sling while riding a cycle rickshaw, was admitted to the Fortis hospital, Jaipur, in a critical condition with respiratory problems, infection in the blood and kidney among others medical issues on October 21.
"She was underweight, anaemic and malnourished when she was admitted here but now she is absolutely fine and her condition is normal," Dr J K Mittal, who treated her, told reporters here.
Initially, she was on ventilator, but was taken off the support when she responded to treatment.
She has gained 600 gram during the treatment in the hospital, Pratim Tamboll, Director of the hospital said.
Damini`s mother died five days after giving birth to her at a government hospital in Bharatpur in September.
After her death, her poor husband Babloo, a rickshaw puller, had no option but to carry her around with him while riding the rickshaw as he had none at his home to look after the infant.
When his condition caught the people`s attention, they came forward for his support.
The state government also decided to send her to the private hospital for her treatment on its own expenditure.
So far, babu has got a financial support of over Rs 17 lakh for his daughter.
He said that he will start a small business like a tea shop to earn livelihood and will ensure that Damini gets good care and education with the help people offered him.
Rajasthan health minister A A Khan appreciated the doctors for paying attention to the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!