Bahujan Dalit author calls for an end to the controversy over Ashis Nandy’s remarks
January: Acclaimed Bahujan Dalit author Prof Kancha Ilaiah, who was in the audience when Prof Ashis Nandy made the controversial remark, has issued the following statement this morning, “Prof Ashis Nandy made a bad statement with good intentions, however as far as I know he was never against reservation. The controversy should end here.”
Prof Iliah heads a research centre at Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, and is author of ‘Why I am Not a Hindu’ and ‘God as Political Philosopher: Buddha’s Challenge to Brahminism’.
Prof Kancha Iliah will be launching his first work of fiction, the much-anticipated ‘Untouchable God’, at 11:15 am January 28 at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack