Bahujan Dalit author calls for an end to the controversy over Ashis Nandy’s remarks
January: Acclaimed Bahujan Dalit author Prof Kancha Ilaiah, who was in the audience when Prof Ashis Nandy made the controversial remark, has issued the following statement this morning, “Prof Ashis Nandy made a bad statement with good intentions, however as far as I know he was never against reservation. The controversy should end here.”
Prof Iliah heads a research centre at Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, and is author of ‘Why I am Not a Hindu’ and ‘God as Political Philosopher: Buddha’s Challenge to Brahminism’.
Prof Kancha Iliah will be launching his first work of fiction, the much-anticipated ‘Untouchable God’, at 11:15 am January 28 at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore