Bahujan Dalit author calls for an end to the controversy over Ashis Nandy’s remarks
January: Acclaimed Bahujan Dalit author Prof Kancha Ilaiah, who was in the audience when Prof Ashis Nandy made the controversial remark, has issued the following statement this morning, “Prof Ashis Nandy made a bad statement with good intentions, however as far as I know he was never against reservation. The controversy should end here.”
Prof Iliah heads a research centre at Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, and is author of ‘Why I am Not a Hindu’ and ‘God as Political Philosopher: Buddha’s Challenge to Brahminism’.
Prof Kancha Iliah will be launching his first work of fiction, the much-anticipated ‘Untouchable God’, at 11:15 am January 28 at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city