Bahujan Dalit author calls for an end to the controversy over Ashis Nandy’s remarks
January: Acclaimed Bahujan Dalit author Prof Kancha Ilaiah, who was in the audience when Prof Ashis Nandy made the controversial remark, has issued the following statement this morning, “Prof Ashis Nandy made a bad statement with good intentions, however as far as I know he was never against reservation. The controversy should end here.”
Prof Iliah heads a research centre at Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, and is author of ‘Why I am Not a Hindu’ and ‘God as Political Philosopher: Buddha’s Challenge to Brahminism’.
Prof Kancha Iliah will be launching his first work of fiction, the much-anticipated ‘Untouchable God’, at 11:15 am January 28 at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival.
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!