Bainsla defers agitation for late Rajesh Pilot`s function
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla on Sunday announced to put off his ongoing sit-in (Mahapadav) for a few days in the wake of a function in memory of former Union Minister and community leader late Rajesh Pilot.
The Gujjar leader made the announcement in a public meeting in Kushali Darra in Sawaimadhopur district this evening.
"Unveiling of the statue of Rajesh Pilot will take place tomorrow in Dausa. We do not want to give an impression that we are divided. Since all of us want to remain present in the function, Bainsla announced to defer the sit-in (Mahapadav) for a few days," Bainsla`s aide said.
The Gujjar leader and his community people were on sit-in at Kushalipura Darra area in Sawaimadhopur district, demanding 5 per cent reservation for the community in government jobs and educational institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!