Bainsla defers agitation for late Rajesh Pilot`s function
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla on Sunday announced to put off his ongoing sit-in (Mahapadav) for a few days in the wake of a function in memory of former Union Minister and community leader late Rajesh Pilot.
The Gujjar leader made the announcement in a public meeting in Kushali Darra in Sawaimadhopur district this evening.
"Unveiling of the statue of Rajesh Pilot will take place tomorrow in Dausa. We do not want to give an impression that we are divided. Since all of us want to remain present in the function, Bainsla announced to defer the sit-in (Mahapadav) for a few days," Bainsla`s aide said.
The Gujjar leader and his community people were on sit-in at Kushalipura Darra area in Sawaimadhopur district, demanding 5 per cent reservation for the community in government jobs and educational institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal