Bainsla ill, Gujjars` delay march for reservation
Jaipur: Gujjars postponed their proposed
march to the Pink City, scheduled for on Wednesday, to press for
quota in government jobs in the wake of their leader Kirori
Singh Bainsla`s hospitalisation.
"Bainsla was supposed to arrive in the morning but he
could not come as he is still in the hospital. We were about
to begin the march from Bhandarej (Dausa) but it has been
postponed till he regains his health," Harprasad, a close aide
of the Gujjar leader, said.
Bainsla was admitted to a private hospital at Sikar road
here yesterday after he complained of uneasiness.
On Sunday, Bainsla had announced a two-day sit-in in
Dausa district`s Bhandarej area and a march to Jaipur from
there the next day if the government did not fulfil their
demands for five per cent reservation in government jobs and
withdrawal of cases against those involved in previous quota
Harprasad said the sit-in at Bhandarej, which began on
last Sunday, will continue and further course of action will
be taken once Bainsla rejoins the agitation.
Meanwhile, hospital officials said Bainsla is doing well
and is likely to be discharged soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured