Bainsla ill, Gujjars` delay march for reservation
Jaipur: Gujjars postponed their proposed
march to the Pink City, scheduled for on Wednesday, to press for
quota in government jobs in the wake of their leader Kirori
Singh Bainsla`s hospitalisation.
"Bainsla was supposed to arrive in the morning but he
could not come as he is still in the hospital. We were about
to begin the march from Bhandarej (Dausa) but it has been
postponed till he regains his health," Harprasad, a close aide
of the Gujjar leader, said.
Bainsla was admitted to a private hospital at Sikar road
here yesterday after he complained of uneasiness.
On Sunday, Bainsla had announced a two-day sit-in in
Dausa district`s Bhandarej area and a march to Jaipur from
there the next day if the government did not fulfil their
demands for five per cent reservation in government jobs and
withdrawal of cases against those involved in previous quota
Harprasad said the sit-in at Bhandarej, which began on
last Sunday, will continue and further course of action will
be taken once Bainsla rejoins the agitation.
Meanwhile, hospital officials said Bainsla is doing well
and is likely to be discharged soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why