Bainsla ill, Gujjars` delay march for reservation
Jaipur: Gujjars postponed their proposed
march to the Pink City, scheduled for on Wednesday, to press for
quota in government jobs in the wake of their leader Kirori
Singh Bainsla`s hospitalisation.
"Bainsla was supposed to arrive in the morning but he
could not come as he is still in the hospital. We were about
to begin the march from Bhandarej (Dausa) but it has been
postponed till he regains his health," Harprasad, a close aide
of the Gujjar leader, said.
Bainsla was admitted to a private hospital at Sikar road
here yesterday after he complained of uneasiness.
On Sunday, Bainsla had announced a two-day sit-in in
Dausa district`s Bhandarej area and a march to Jaipur from
there the next day if the government did not fulfil their
demands for five per cent reservation in government jobs and
withdrawal of cases against those involved in previous quota
Harprasad said the sit-in at Bhandarej, which began on
last Sunday, will continue and further course of action will
be taken once Bainsla rejoins the agitation.
Meanwhile, hospital officials said Bainsla is doing well
and is likely to be discharged soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?