Bainsla to hold talks with Gehlot on reservation issue
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla will hold second round of talks with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here on the reservation issue on Saturday.
Bainsla along with around a dozen more Gujjar leaders arrived here in the morning after the first round talks, held here yesterday between the state government and a delegation sent by the Gujjar leader, ended on a positive note.
However, the time and venue for the meeting has not yet been decided.
A Gujjar leader, who was part of yesterday`s delegation, told a news agency that the first round meeting was successful and expressed optimism that the second round scheduled with Gehlot would bring results.
In the first round of talks held at the state Assembly building, a 10-membr delegation held talks with state ministers Jitendra Singh and Brijkishore Sharma.
Gujjars are demanding quota in government jobs, but the Rajasthan High Court had in October last year stayed reservation in jobs and educational institutions for Gujjars and economically backward classes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America