Bainsla to hold talks with Gehlot on reservation issue
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla will hold second round of talks with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here on the reservation issue on Saturday.
Bainsla along with around a dozen more Gujjar leaders arrived here in the morning after the first round talks, held here yesterday between the state government and a delegation sent by the Gujjar leader, ended on a positive note.
However, the time and venue for the meeting has not yet been decided.
A Gujjar leader, who was part of yesterday`s delegation, told a news agency that the first round meeting was successful and expressed optimism that the second round scheduled with Gehlot would bring results.
In the first round of talks held at the state Assembly building, a 10-membr delegation held talks with state ministers Jitendra Singh and Brijkishore Sharma.
Gujjars are demanding quota in government jobs, but the Rajasthan High Court had in October last year stayed reservation in jobs and educational institutions for Gujjars and economically backward classes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss