Bainsla to hold talks with Gehlot on reservation issue
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla will hold second round of talks with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here on the reservation issue on Saturday.
Bainsla along with around a dozen more Gujjar leaders arrived here in the morning after the first round talks, held here yesterday between the state government and a delegation sent by the Gujjar leader, ended on a positive note.
However, the time and venue for the meeting has not yet been decided.
A Gujjar leader, who was part of yesterday`s delegation, told a news agency that the first round meeting was successful and expressed optimism that the second round scheduled with Gehlot would bring results.
In the first round of talks held at the state Assembly building, a 10-membr delegation held talks with state ministers Jitendra Singh and Brijkishore Sharma.
Gujjars are demanding quota in government jobs, but the Rajasthan High Court had in October last year stayed reservation in jobs and educational institutions for Gujjars and economically backward classes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015