Bainsla unsure about govt`s quota decision
Jaipur: With the Rajasthan government deciding to carve out separate five per cent quota in jobs and educational institutions for five communities, Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla has expressed apprehensions over its benefits reaching properly to those who need it.
"We wanted reservation under the Constitutional limit of 50 per cent, but the government has exceeded the limit, and we have doubt over the communities really getting the benefit of the separate quota," Bainsla said.
The leader, who spearheaded a campaign seeking quota for Gujjars, was speaking after a review meeting in Karauli district in wake of government`s decision.
Roop Singh, another Gujjar leader, said that they were taking legal consultation over the issue and for now, are not in a position to approve or disapprove the decision.
"We held the meeting today in Karauli and decided to take legal consultation from experts. When the reservation will be finally given, then only we will be in a position to thank the government. Till then, it is wait and watch position for us," Singh told over phone.
On the other hand, former BJP MP Ramdas Agrawal said that the previous BJP government had already initiated the process for providing quota to these communities.
He alleged that the decision of the government only aimed at taking political mileage.
"The then BJP government passed the bill in Assembly in 2008 to give 5 per cent reservation to SBC and 14 per cent to ECB. It was a balanced bill because although we were exceeding limit but at the same time, we were giving 14 per cent reservation to ECB to all the communities," he said here.
"Now, the state government decided to give reservation to only SBC and that also beyond the limit. For ECB, the government would reconstitute commission which makes no sense," he added.
Rajput leader Lokendra Singh Kalvi also said that the reservation should be under the constitutional limit of 50 per cent.
"The government should show its political will power by giving the Gujjar and others reservation under the Constitutional limit by dividing OBC quota," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'