Bandh against FDI gets good response in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The All India bandh call against
Union government`s decision to allow FDI in retail sector
evoked a good response in Rajasthan on Thursday.
All the main trade bodies and associations extended their
support to the band call and most of the shops in the state
capital Jaipur are closed.
Representatives of the traders` associations and BJP
workers thronged the streets to ensure no establishment is
Several main markets in Ajmer, Jodhpur, Alwar and other
cities were also closed but a few shops were open.
Essential services and educational institutes have,
however, been kept out of the bandh.
Prem Biyani, General Secretary of Federation of Rajasthan
Trade and Industries said in Jaipur that all the businessmen
have voluntarily given support to the bandh.
He said that the decision will affect over one million
traders in the state.
State BJP president Arun Chaturvedi said that different
teams of the party workers have been formed to ensure a
successful bandh. He said 60 teams are doing rounds in Jaipur.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made to
maintain law and order in view of the bandh.
According to Jaipur Police Commissioner BL Soni, 2,000
additional police personnel have been deployed in Jaipur.
The bandh is peaceful and there is no report of any
untoward incident from anywhere in the state.
In Ajmer, all markets except Dargah Bazar are closed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!