Bank manager arrested for taking bribe to sanction loan in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A bank manager was arrested on Saturday by the Anti Corruption Bureau for demanding bribe of Rs 17,000 to sanction a loan.
In a complaint to the ACB, Bhanwar Singh of Delsar village in Jaisalmer alleged that Central Cooperative Bank manager Sajjan Singh Rathore demanded bribe of Rs 17,000 from his uncle and cousin brother against sanctioning a loan of Rs 3.50 lakh, DIG (ACB) S K Narjari said.
The manager had already taken Rs 12,000 from Bhanwar Singh and called him to his office today for the remaining Rs 5,000, where the ACB sleuths caught him red-handed.
"We laid a trap to catch the manager red handed and the moment, Bhanwari Singh handed over Rs 5,000 to Rathore, the ACB sleuths caught him," Narjari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics