Bank manager arrested for taking bribe to sanction loan in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A bank manager was arrested on Saturday by the Anti Corruption Bureau for demanding bribe of Rs 17,000 to sanction a loan.
In a complaint to the ACB, Bhanwar Singh of Delsar village in Jaisalmer alleged that Central Cooperative Bank manager Sajjan Singh Rathore demanded bribe of Rs 17,000 from his uncle and cousin brother against sanctioning a loan of Rs 3.50 lakh, DIG (ACB) S K Narjari said.
The manager had already taken Rs 12,000 from Bhanwar Singh and called him to his office today for the remaining Rs 5,000, where the ACB sleuths caught him red-handed.
"We laid a trap to catch the manager red handed and the moment, Bhanwari Singh handed over Rs 5,000 to Rathore, the ACB sleuths caught him," Narjari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand