Before retirement, Raj cop booked for fraud to get job
Jaipur: Thirty-three years after he joined
the Rajasthan Police under reserved quota, an inspector on the
verge of his retirement was on Thursday booked for allegedly
producing fake caste certificate to get his job.
"Prem Chand got the job of a constable in 1979 in Tonk as
a Scheduled Caste candidate and in ASI recruitment in 1983, he
produced a fake ST certificate," Gopal Lal, investigation
officer into the case said here today.
"Chand, currently posted as an CID inspector in Ajmer,
will retire on March 31," he said.
The matter came to light some time back after a social
activist informed the department of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state