Before retirement, Raj cop booked for fraud to get job
Jaipur: Thirty-three years after he joined
the Rajasthan Police under reserved quota, an inspector on the
verge of his retirement was on Thursday booked for allegedly
producing fake caste certificate to get his job.
"Prem Chand got the job of a constable in 1979 in Tonk as
a Scheduled Caste candidate and in ASI recruitment in 1983, he
produced a fake ST certificate," Gopal Lal, investigation
officer into the case said here today.
"Chand, currently posted as an CID inspector in Ajmer,
will retire on March 31," he said.
The matter came to light some time back after a social
activist informed the department of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown