Before retirement, Raj cop booked for fraud to get job
Jaipur: Thirty-three years after he joined
the Rajasthan Police under reserved quota, an inspector on the
verge of his retirement was on Thursday booked for allegedly
producing fake caste certificate to get his job.
"Prem Chand got the job of a constable in 1979 in Tonk as
a Scheduled Caste candidate and in ASI recruitment in 1983, he
produced a fake ST certificate," Gopal Lal, investigation
officer into the case said here today.
"Chand, currently posted as an CID inspector in Ajmer,
will retire on March 31," he said.
The matter came to light some time back after a social
activist informed the department of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!