Before retirement, Raj cop booked for fraud to get job
Jaipur: Thirty-three years after he joined
the Rajasthan Police under reserved quota, an inspector on the
verge of his retirement was on Thursday booked for allegedly
producing fake caste certificate to get his job.
"Prem Chand got the job of a constable in 1979 in Tonk as
a Scheduled Caste candidate and in ASI recruitment in 1983, he
produced a fake ST certificate," Gopal Lal, investigation
officer into the case said here today.
"Chand, currently posted as an CID inspector in Ajmer,
will retire on March 31," he said.
The matter came to light some time back after a social
activist informed the department of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon