Bhanwari case: Accused minister to be probed
Jodhpur: A local court Friday directed the
police to include Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna`s name in the FIR in the nurse Bhanwari Devi missing case.
The direction was given by additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Bilara Sandeep Sharma while hearing a complaint
filed by Amarchand, husband of 36-year-old Bhanwari Devi.
Amarchand had lodged the FIR after his wife, who was
posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada
village in the district, went missing on September 1.
The complaint filed in the court on Tuesday accused
Maderna of blackmailing his wife and charged him with kidnap,
rape and murder.
In his order, Sharma directed the police to club Maderna`s
name in the previously lodged FIR by Amarchand and clamp
charges of rape, murder and criminal conspiracy against him.
The Rajasthan High Court had yesterday expressed
displeasure over the "directionless" probe in the case and
pulled up the investigation officer.
The court, while hearing the habeas corpus filed by
Amarchand, had ordered the Inspector General of Police
(Jodhpur Range) to appear before it on September 26 with the
progress report on the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees