Bhanwari case: Accused minister to be probed
Jodhpur: A local court Friday directed the
police to include Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna`s name in the FIR in the nurse Bhanwari Devi missing case.
The direction was given by additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate of Bilara Sandeep Sharma while hearing a complaint
filed by Amarchand, husband of 36-year-old Bhanwari Devi.
Amarchand had lodged the FIR after his wife, who was
posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada
village in the district, went missing on September 1.
The complaint filed in the court on Tuesday accused
Maderna of blackmailing his wife and charged him with kidnap,
rape and murder.
In his order, Sharma directed the police to club Maderna`s
name in the previously lodged FIR by Amarchand and clamp
charges of rape, murder and criminal conspiracy against him.
The Rajasthan High Court had yesterday expressed
displeasure over the "directionless" probe in the case and
pulled up the investigation officer.
The court, while hearing the habeas corpus filed by
Amarchand, had ordered the Inspector General of Police
(Jodhpur Range) to appear before it on September 26 with the
progress report on the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers