Bhanwari case: Accused surrenders before police
Jodhpur: Bishna Ram gang member, Ashok
Bishnoi, who was wanted in the Bhanwari Devi murder case,
surrendered before police in Jaloda village of the district
Bishnoi, who was allegedly involved in the disposal of
Bhanwari Devi`s body, was wanted by the CBI, police said.
He surrendered early in the morning and is now being
taken to Jodhpur to hand him over to the CBI.
Three more accused -- Pukhraj, Dinesh and Indra -- are
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area
on September 1 last year.
The remains of Bhanwari Devi were allegedly dumped by
the accused in a canal in Jaloda village.
The CBI had claimed it has corroborative evidence to
establish that the 36-year-old nurse was murdered and burnt
allegedly at the behest of a political leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls