Bhanwari case: Amarchand seeks to retract statement
Jodhpur: Bhanwari Devi`s husband Amarchand, one of the accused in her abduction and murder case, on Tuesday sought to retract his statement to magistrate, saying it was made under the compulsion of the CBI.
Filed by the CBI last month, in his application before the CBI court here, said that he had given his statement under Section 164 of the CrPC after the agency compelled him to do so.
His counsel Muktesh Maheshwari had produced two applications, one for the retraction and the other for proper medical care, before the CBI court here.
40-year-old Amarchand has been booked under section 120 B, 364 and 201 of the IPC.
Besides Amarchand, other accused in the case namely Sacked minister Mahipal Maderna, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, Sahiram, Parasram, Umesharam, Bishnaram, Kailash, Ashok, Omprakash, Dinesh, Reshmaram and Pukhraj were produced before the court today which extended their judicial custody till March 27.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1 last year following which Amarchand had filed a habeas corpus petition in the High Court.
After the state government ordered a CBI probe into the case, the agency arrested Mahipal Maderna on December 2 and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh on December 19 for their alleged involvement in the case.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
Soon after her death, a sleaze CD was circulated allegedly featuring Maderna and Bhanwari. Maderna was removed by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot from his ministry in October after his name cropped up in the case.
Agency sources had said that Maderna and Malkhan Singh were being blackmailed by Bhanwari Devi who was allegedly having relations with them and threatened to expose them which led to her killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS