Bhanwari case: Bishnoi declared absconder
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Wednesday declared Sai Ram
Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi missing case, as an
absconder and issued a standing arrest warrant against him.
On October 22, the CBI court had issued an arrest
warrant against Bishnoi which could not be served on him.
The CBI had moved an application in the court on
November five to declare him an absconder and issue a standing
arrest warrant against him.
“Now a notification will be published in newspapers to
this effect and if he does not surrender within 30 days, the
CBI will initiate action to seize his assets," CBI counsel
SS Yadav said.
Bishnoi is said to be close to sacked Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna, also an accused in the case.
Bhanwari (36), posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at
a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 kms from Jodhpur,
went missing on September one.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged she was abducted at
the behest of Maderna and his associates.
The charges were denied by Maderna who was sacked by
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations