Bhanwari case: Bishnoi declared absconder
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Wednesday declared Sai Ram
Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi missing case, as an
absconder and issued a standing arrest warrant against him.
On October 22, the CBI court had issued an arrest
warrant against Bishnoi which could not be served on him.
The CBI had moved an application in the court on
November five to declare him an absconder and issue a standing
arrest warrant against him.
“Now a notification will be published in newspapers to
this effect and if he does not surrender within 30 days, the
CBI will initiate action to seize his assets," CBI counsel
SS Yadav said.
Bishnoi is said to be close to sacked Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna, also an accused in the case.
Bhanwari (36), posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at
a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 kms from Jodhpur,
went missing on September one.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged she was abducted at
the behest of Maderna and his associates.
The charges were denied by Maderna who was sacked by
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself