Bhanwari case: CBI appoints three-lawyers panel
Jodhpur: The CBI has appointed a panel of three lawyers for the trial of Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, scheduled to commence from May 14 in a local court here.
The panel includes bureau`s senior public prosecutor from Mumbai, Ezaz Khan, who has represented the CBI in several high-profile cases, including Soharabuddin encounter case, Adarsh Scam case, Tulsi Prajapati encounter case, officials said today.
The other two lawyers in the panel are senior public prosecutor from Jodhpur, Shyam Singh Yadav and senior special counsel from Jodhpur, Ashok Joshi.
The decision on the names of the lawyers was taken in a meeting recently held at the CBI headquarters in New Delhi.
On May 5, the trial of the sensational case had to be deferred to May 14 due to the absence of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate ACJM (SC/ST Cases), who is hearing the case.
Bhanwari Devi, a trained midwife and nurse, went missing in September last year and the remains of her body were discovered by the CBI four months later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma