Bhanwari case: CBI may bring Malkhan to Delhi
Jodhpur: CBI may take Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Vishnoi, arrested in Bhanwari Devi abduction case, to Delhi for further questioning as the agency has been granted his transit remand.
The agency has taken transit remand of the MLA from a
special court and may take him to Delhi tomorrow for further
questioning, sources in the agency said.
When contacted, officials at CBI headquarters in the
national capital refused to give any details about the date
and time of transferring Vishnoi to Delhi.
Vishnoi, representing Luni assembly constituency, was
evading questioning for the past few days and was arrested by
the agency on Monday night when he appeared before the
He was produced before the special CBI court yesterday
which remanded him to the CBI custody till December 28.
Bhanwari Devi, posted as an auxiliary nurse at a
sub-centre in Jaliwada village in Jodhpur, went missing on
Her husband Amar Chand, who is also in the CBI custody,
had alleged she was abducted at the behest of Mahipal Maderna
who was later sacked from the Ashok Gehlot Ministry.
The CBI had arrested Amar Chand as he was not cooperating
with the investigative agency during questioning and kept
changing his statement leading to suspicion of his involvement
in the alleged abduction of his wife.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the case.
Two more accused, Sahiram and Bishnaram Bishnoi, are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’