Bhanwari case: CBI questions Bishnoi`s mother
Jodhpur: The CBI on Tuesday questioned 80-year-old
mother of absconding Indra Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari
Devi murder case, even as the judicial custody of her brother
Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and others were extended till February
The probe agency questioned Amari Devi for about three
hours here, officials said.
Besides Amari, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh`s two sons and
some other family members were also summoned by the CBI, they
CBI is also taking Pukh Raj and Dinesh Bishnoi at
different places around Bilara for verification of their
The duo, who had surrendered before the CBI, are son and
nephew of one of the main accused Sohan Lal Bishnoi and were
believed to be privy to the crime.
Meanwhile, the judicial custody of Malkhan Singh and
other accused Sahi Ram Bishnoi, Umesha Ram Bishnoi, Amarchand,
Bishana Ram Bishnoi, Om Prakash Bishnoi, Ashok Bishnoi and
Kailash Jakahr was extended till February 14.
Bhanwari, 36, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area
on September 1 following which her husband had filed a habeas
corpus petition in the Rajasthan High Court.
After the state government ordered a CBI probe into the
case, the agency arrested sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal
Maderna on December 3 and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh on
December 19 for their alleged involvement in the case.
Maderna was removed by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot from
his ministry in October after his name cropped up in the case.
During the probe, it was found that Bhanwari was
allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv
Gandhi Lift Canal which were recovered by the CBI.
Soon after her death, a sleaze CD was circulated
allegedly featuring Maderna and Bhanwari.
Agency sources had said Maderna and Malkhan Singh were
being blackmailed by Bhanwari who was allegedly having
relations with them and threatened to expose them which led to
According to the sources, Bhanwari had demanded Rs 50
lakh from Maderna with whom she was shown in a compromising
position in a CD. She had also threatened Malkhan Singh that
she would make it public that he was the father of her
youngest daughter at a Bishnoi community fair on September 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai