Bhanwari case: CBI trying to collect more evidence
Jodhpur: The CBI is yet to collect all the
evidences corroborating the disposal of Bhanwari Devi`s body
by the Bishna Ram Bishnoi gang at Jaloda here, a court was
informed on Monday.
The agency, which has Bishna Ram and another accused
Kailash Jakhar in its custody, sought further extension of
their remand on this ground.
The court extended their CBI custody till January 18.
"We have got some leads from their interrogation and we
are pursuing these," CBI counsel SS Yadav told the court
while seeking extension of their remand.
The probe agency has so far collected various belongings
of the auxiliary nurse-cum-midwife from the Rajiv Gandhi lift
canal in Jaloda.
It is now trying to recover a spade and a motorcycle used
in the crime, Yadav argued.
The court also extended the judicial custody of Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi, Sahi Ram Bishnoi, Amarchand, Om Prakash Bishnoi
and Umesha Ram Bishnoi, all accused in the case, till January
Meanwhile, the cash award to the Rajasthan Police team
from the CBI Director for their assistance in the case had
been distributed to the force personnel.
A sum of Rs one lakh, out of Rs four lakh award, was
given to Sahil, son of Bhanwari Devi, who along with his
sister and grandmother came to the court today to meet his
"I do not believe that my mother is no more. I will like
to wait for the DNA and other FSL reports to confirm that the
recovered remains were that of her," Sahil told reporters
outside the court.
Meanwhile, an NGO today demanded that the Rajasthan
government ensure that the family of Bhanwari Devi gets all
the benefits of the relief package timely.
The state government had yesterday announced a relief and
financial package for the family.
The Centre has also set up a panel of seven advocates to
assist prosecution in trial of the case, chief patron of
`Centre For Dalit Rights` P L Mimroth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees