Bhanwari case: Charges to be framed against Bishnoi on Dec 19
Jodhpur: A local court, hearing the Bhanwari Devi murder case, will frame charges against one of the key accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi on December 19.
The court, which was supposed to frame charges against Bishnoi today, postponed it as the latter could not be produced in the court due to lack of security personnel for escorting him from Ajmer jail, where he is currently lodged.
"He did not appear in the court this time too due to non-availability of the guards to escort him from Ajmer jail to Jodhpur," Senior Special Counsel for (CBI) Ashok Joshi said.
The court has framed the charges against all the accused of the case except Bishnoi, who has not been appearing in the court on health grounds.
He was admitted in the Fortis Hospital of Jaipur for a minor surgery and had been recovering since then in the hospital itself.
It may be recalled that the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) Court had framed the charges against all the accused on 4 October, but both Bishnoi and Mahipal Maderna were not present in the court on that day on grounds of ill-health and mother`s death respectively.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader