Bhanwari case: Charges to be framed against Bishnoi on Dec 19
Jodhpur: A local court, hearing the Bhanwari Devi murder case, will frame charges against one of the key accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi on December 19.
The court, which was supposed to frame charges against Bishnoi today, postponed it as the latter could not be produced in the court due to lack of security personnel for escorting him from Ajmer jail, where he is currently lodged.
"He did not appear in the court this time too due to non-availability of the guards to escort him from Ajmer jail to Jodhpur," Senior Special Counsel for (CBI) Ashok Joshi said.
The court has framed the charges against all the accused of the case except Bishnoi, who has not been appearing in the court on health grounds.
He was admitted in the Fortis Hospital of Jaipur for a minor surgery and had been recovering since then in the hospital itself.
It may be recalled that the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) Court had framed the charges against all the accused on 4 October, but both Bishnoi and Mahipal Maderna were not present in the court on that day on grounds of ill-health and mother`s death respectively.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat