Bhanwari case: Charges to be framed against Bishnoi on Dec 19
Jodhpur: A local court, hearing the Bhanwari Devi murder case, will frame charges against one of the key accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi on December 19.
The court, which was supposed to frame charges against Bishnoi today, postponed it as the latter could not be produced in the court due to lack of security personnel for escorting him from Ajmer jail, where he is currently lodged.
"He did not appear in the court this time too due to non-availability of the guards to escort him from Ajmer jail to Jodhpur," Senior Special Counsel for (CBI) Ashok Joshi said.
The court has framed the charges against all the accused of the case except Bishnoi, who has not been appearing in the court on health grounds.
He was admitted in the Fortis Hospital of Jaipur for a minor surgery and had been recovering since then in the hospital itself.
It may be recalled that the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) Court had framed the charges against all the accused on 4 October, but both Bishnoi and Mahipal Maderna were not present in the court on that day on grounds of ill-health and mother`s death respectively.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks