Bhanwari case: Cong MLA sent to judicial custody
Jodhpur (Raj): Congress legislator Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi was today sent to judicial custody for 14 days
by a special CBI court in connection with the Bhanwari Devi
The legislator from the Luni constituency, arrested on
December 19, was presented before the court after his CBI
custody ended today.
Besides the Congress MLA, another suspect Umesh Ram
Bishnoi, a close aide Sahi Ram, was also remanded in judicial
custody till January 16.
Judge Jagdish Jyani extended the CBI custody of Sahi Ram
Bishnoi till 6 January. Sahi Ram had surrendered before the
court on December 23.
The court also granted permission to the CBI for taking
Sahi Ram to jail to confront him with former Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna, Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Shahabuddin.
Sahi Ram will be taken to the Jaipur Central jail on
January 3 and 4.
Meanwhile, CBI sleuths today interrogated Maderna`s wife
Leela Maderna for the second consecutive day. The former
minister`s wife was grilled for nearly six hours.
The probe agency, on its part, will tomorrow conduct
another search operation to trace the body of missing nurse
Bhanwari Devi with a remote operated aerial device having a
high resolution camera in areas close to Jaloda village.
The CBI had yesterday taken aerial pictures of a vast
stretch in the specific area of the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels