Bhanwari case: Cong MLA summoned again by CBI
Jodhpur: The CBI has summoned Congress MLA
Malkhan Singh Bishnoi once again on Monday after he failed to
appear before it on Saturday for questioning in connection
with the missing case of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
He was summoned by the CBI on Saturday before this but he
did not appear citing his non-availability in Jodhpur as the
His son had informed the CBI in person in the evening
that he was in New Delhi, after which the CBI issued second
summons to him on Sunday asking him to appear before the CBI
"We have already taken his skipping as an avoidance of
the summons and if this happens again, we will take the legal
course to summon him," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said.
The CBI will also be producing both Mahipal Maderna and
Paras Ram Bishnoi in the court on Monday and will seek further
extension of their custody.
The CBI had sought 7 days` extension of their custody on
9 December but the court kept it to 3 days.
The CBI is expected to again seek extension of their
custody. A source said the main objective of the previous
extension was to confront them with Bhanwari`s arrested
husband Amarchand and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
"But since Malkhan did not appear before the CBI, the
objective of the CBI is not met," he added.
Monday may be tough for the police, which will have to
make adequate arrangements in view of the call of Divya
Maderna, daughter of Mahipal Maderna, to his supporters to
gather at the court in large numbers to exhibit solidarity
with her father and boost his morale.
She had given this call while addressing the supporters
at her residence on December 9.
"Keeping this in mind, the police will take up adequate
deployment of the homeguards and Special Task Force in and at
the main gates of the court on Monday unlike other days," ADCP
Jyoti Swaroop Sharma said.
In order to avoid the same, Mahipal was produced in the
court early in the morning on December 9.
But despite that, about 40-50 supporters had gathered in
the court and police believe that now his supporters will be
prepared and will start assembling in the court right from the
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9