Bhanwari case: Congress MP sees Bishnoi in jail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna refused to meet Congress MP Badri Ram Jakhar who
visited the Jodhpur Central Jail and met Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, another accused in the Bhanwari Devi case, jail
authorities said on Tuesday.
The MP from Pali visited the prison on Sunday afternoon
and met Congress MLA Bishnoi for 10 minutes, Jail
Superintendent AR Nyazi confirmed.
However, he was unable to see Maderna as the former
minister refused to talk to him, he said.
"Jakhar had sought permission to see Bishnoi and after
the meeting he expressed his wish to see Maderna also but when
the message was communicated to him, he refused to meet the
Congress MP," Nyazi said.
Maderna, 59, was sacked from the Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the abduction and
murder case of the nurse.
Both Bishnoi and Maderna are in jail for past the one
Jakhar could not be contacted for his comments.
Jakhar`s visit to the jail has drawn flak with a Congress
leader calling it an "undesirable" move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'