Bhanwari case: Congress MP sees Bishnoi in jail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna refused to meet Congress MP Badri Ram Jakhar who
visited the Jodhpur Central Jail and met Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, another accused in the Bhanwari Devi case, jail
authorities said on Tuesday.
The MP from Pali visited the prison on Sunday afternoon
and met Congress MLA Bishnoi for 10 minutes, Jail
Superintendent AR Nyazi confirmed.
However, he was unable to see Maderna as the former
minister refused to talk to him, he said.
"Jakhar had sought permission to see Bishnoi and after
the meeting he expressed his wish to see Maderna also but when
the message was communicated to him, he refused to meet the
Congress MP," Nyazi said.
Maderna, 59, was sacked from the Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the abduction and
murder case of the nurse.
Both Bishnoi and Maderna are in jail for past the one
Jakhar could not be contacted for his comments.
Jakhar`s visit to the jail has drawn flak with a Congress
leader calling it an "undesirable" move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan