Bhanwari case: Congress MP sees Bishnoi in jail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna refused to meet Congress MP Badri Ram Jakhar who
visited the Jodhpur Central Jail and met Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, another accused in the Bhanwari Devi case, jail
authorities said on Tuesday.
The MP from Pali visited the prison on Sunday afternoon
and met Congress MLA Bishnoi for 10 minutes, Jail
Superintendent AR Nyazi confirmed.
However, he was unable to see Maderna as the former
minister refused to talk to him, he said.
"Jakhar had sought permission to see Bishnoi and after
the meeting he expressed his wish to see Maderna also but when
the message was communicated to him, he refused to meet the
Congress MP," Nyazi said.
Maderna, 59, was sacked from the Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the abduction and
murder case of the nurse.
Both Bishnoi and Maderna are in jail for past the one
Jakhar could not be contacted for his comments.
Jakhar`s visit to the jail has drawn flak with a Congress
leader calling it an "undesirable" move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued