Bhanwari case: Congress MP sees Bishnoi in jail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna refused to meet Congress MP Badri Ram Jakhar who
visited the Jodhpur Central Jail and met Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, another accused in the Bhanwari Devi case, jail
authorities said on Tuesday.
The MP from Pali visited the prison on Sunday afternoon
and met Congress MLA Bishnoi for 10 minutes, Jail
Superintendent AR Nyazi confirmed.
However, he was unable to see Maderna as the former
minister refused to talk to him, he said.
"Jakhar had sought permission to see Bishnoi and after
the meeting he expressed his wish to see Maderna also but when
the message was communicated to him, he refused to meet the
Congress MP," Nyazi said.
Maderna, 59, was sacked from the Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the abduction and
murder case of the nurse.
Both Bishnoi and Maderna are in jail for past the one
Jakhar could not be contacted for his comments.
Jakhar`s visit to the jail has drawn flak with a Congress
leader calling it an "undesirable" move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today