Bhanwari case: Court seeks reply for Maderna`s sta
Jodhpur: A local court has sought reply from the jail and hospital administration following an application by the CBI objecting to the stay of Mahipal Maderna, one of the key accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, in hospital despite orders to be shifted to Jaipur jail.
Maderna has been resting currently in the MDM Hospital in the city since February 11.
It may be recalled that both Maderna and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, who had been admitted in the private hospitals in Jodhpur in the garb of the treatment, had been ordered by the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court to be shifted to their respective jails with immediate effect after the court found their stay in the hospitals without any purpose.
"Following this order, Bishnoi was shifted to Ajmer jail on February 11 but Maderna again admitted himself to the MDM Hospital citing pain in heart and back," told Ashok Joshi, Senior Special Counsel for CBI.
A medical board was constituted by the hospital, which checked him but all the medical reports of Maderna in the hospital have been found to be normal.
Joshi said that despite his normal reports, the hospital administration has no yet discharged him even after the lapse of 15 days, which again shows that Maderna is not willing to leave Jodhpur feigning health issues.
"Now we have pleaded from the court to ensure compliance of its order of February 4 to shift Maderna to Jaipur jail," the CBI counsel added.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal