Bhanwari case: Key suspect`s brother arrested
Jodhpur (Rajasthan): In a major development in the Bhanwari Devi missing case, police on Friday night arrested the brother of Bishna Ram Bishnoi, an absconder in the case with a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head.
Om Prakash Bishnoi was caught last night while attempting
to flee in a truck at Gudha Malani in Barmer district, a
police official said, adding that Bishna Ram`s brother was
Police have already taken into custody a number of
suspects either for providing shelter to Bishna Ram or helping
him to evade arrest.
Om Prakash is being considered as a prize catch as he was
a close confidant of Bishna Ram.
"This fact gives us adequate ground to believe that he
must be aware of the series of incidents that might have
occurred after Bishna Ram took the possession of Bhanwari Devi
from Sohan Lal and Shahabuddin, if Sahi Ram`s statement is to
be believed," the police official said.
Sahi Ram, a key suspect in the case, is said to have
admitted before the CBI that Bishna Ram had to "dispose off"
Bhanwari Devi according to a plan, he said.
As Shai Ram is still under CBI custody, the central
agency may also take custody of Om Prakash for his
interrogation and to corroborate facts with Sahi Ram in order
to verify the latter`s statements about Bishna Ram`s role in
the case, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena