Bhanwari case: Maderna`s interim bail plea rejected
Jodhpur: The ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court here Tuesday rejected the interim bail plea of Mahipal Maderna, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, while permitting him four days exemption from the judicial custody to attend the last rites of his mother.
Maderna`s counsel Paradeep Choudhary moved an interim bail application in the court following the demise of his mother Choti Devi this morning.
Countering the plea, CBI counsel Ashok Joshi argued that considering the seriousness of the matter, Maderna can be allowed to attend the funeral of his mother but there is no point allowing him a bail for 30 days.
Magistrate Girish Kumar Sharma, after hearing the arguments of the CBI on the application, rejected it but allowed Maderna to go to his ancestral village for the last rites to be held from from September 25 to 28.
Maderna had been shifted to Jaipur Jail following the plea of the CBI but he is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail on account of severe back pain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview