Bhanwari case: Maderna`s interim bail plea rejected
Jodhpur: The ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court here Tuesday rejected the interim bail plea of Mahipal Maderna, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, while permitting him four days exemption from the judicial custody to attend the last rites of his mother.
Maderna`s counsel Paradeep Choudhary moved an interim bail application in the court following the demise of his mother Choti Devi this morning.
Countering the plea, CBI counsel Ashok Joshi argued that considering the seriousness of the matter, Maderna can be allowed to attend the funeral of his mother but there is no point allowing him a bail for 30 days.
Magistrate Girish Kumar Sharma, after hearing the arguments of the CBI on the application, rejected it but allowed Maderna to go to his ancestral village for the last rites to be held from from September 25 to 28.
Maderna had been shifted to Jaipur Jail following the plea of the CBI but he is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail on account of severe back pain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'