Bhanwari case: Maderna’s men attack media
Jodhpur: Former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna’s supporters, Sunday, attacked media persons outside Mathura Das Mathur Hospital here.
Reports suggested that the supporters of Maderna, an accused in the kidnapping and suspected murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, manhandled reporters and camera persons waiting outside the hospital. The supporters also damaged cameras, mikes and even OB vans and the cabs of media persons.
Some reporters were trying to talk to Maderna`s daughter Divya Maderna on the Bhanwari Devi issue when they were targeted by around 20-25 supporters of the sacked minister, the sources said.
Two persons received mild injuries in the incident, a police official said.
Additional police personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any further untoward incident and efforts are being made to identify the assaulters.
Interestingly Maderna’s wife, Lila, had yesterday had the media of trying to target her husband and said that the CD in question was aimed at "maligning the legacy of her family by their rivals".
Lila claimed she does not have any clue of any relationship between Bhanwari and her husband.
"I am saying my husband is innocent. It is a political conspiracy,"
However, she said, even if they were in a relationship "it was not an offence and an act of mutual consent".
A CD purportedly showing Maderna and Congress MLA Malkhan in compromising position with 36-year-old Bhanwari, an auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village around 120 km from here, had come to light after she went missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1. Her husband Amarchand had alleged she was abducted at the behest of Maderna.
Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, who skipped CBI questioning in the Bhanwari Devi disappearance case on health grounds, has been hospitalised
after he complained of chest pain.
Maderna was taken to the Mathura Das Mathur Hospital here by his family members last night after he complained of chest pain.
He is admitted to the ICU, hospital sources said today.
Congress suspends Maderna
Cracking the whip, Congress on Saturday night suspended sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, a suspect in Bhanwari disappearance case, from the primary membership of party.
Maderna, who was grilled by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for two consecutive days, skipped questioning in connection with the case on Saturday citing ill-health.
Maderna, who was asked to come on Saturday for the third consecutive day for questioning, failed to turn up and sent a medical certificate to the concerned CBI officials here, agency sources said.
After getting the certificate, CBI exempted Maderna from questioning on health grounds.
Malkhan was grilled along with Lila at the circuit house in Jodhpur for nearly six hours, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends