Bhanwari case: Mahipal Maderna seeks bail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna, arrested in Bhanwari Devi case, on Wednesday filed a plea in
a CBI court seeking bail on ground of attending to his sick
father and participating in the assembly session.
The move came after Maderna, who was arrested on December
2, refused to accept an official letter intimating him about
the start of the session, as an apparent mark of protest.
Though, the primary ground for the bail was cited as
illness of Maderna`s father, Paras Ram Maderna, but attendance
of session is also one of the reasons cited in the plea.
Earlier, another accused, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, had also applied for the interim bail solely for the
purpose of attending the session.
Both the pleas are listed for hearing on Thursday.
Paras Ram Maderna was admitted to the ICU of the SMS
Hospital on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, The High Court, while hearing a plea by
Bishnoi`s 85-year-old mother Amri Devi protesting the
attachment of the property of her absconding daughter Indra,
has asked the counsel of the petitioner to make CBI also a
party in the case.
Amri had objected to the attachment of the ancestral
property claiming that no division of her property has ever
undertaken and hence, the property as indicated by the CBI as
her share, is not her share.
"We will give an application to the CBI to appear before
the court to reply to the petition along with the government,"
her counsel Sunil Joshi.
The court has also sought the details from the CBI as to
how many times Indra Bishnoi was summoned for interrogation
and how many times she ignore the CBI`s summons.
Indra Bishnoi has also filed two separate petitions
protesting the issuance of arrest warrant against her and
order of the attachment of her property by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark