Bhanwari case: Mahipal Maderna seeks bail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna, arrested in Bhanwari Devi case, on Wednesday filed a plea in
a CBI court seeking bail on ground of attending to his sick
father and participating in the assembly session.
The move came after Maderna, who was arrested on December
2, refused to accept an official letter intimating him about
the start of the session, as an apparent mark of protest.
Though, the primary ground for the bail was cited as
illness of Maderna`s father, Paras Ram Maderna, but attendance
of session is also one of the reasons cited in the plea.
Earlier, another accused, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, had also applied for the interim bail solely for the
purpose of attending the session.
Both the pleas are listed for hearing on Thursday.
Paras Ram Maderna was admitted to the ICU of the SMS
Hospital on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, The High Court, while hearing a plea by
Bishnoi`s 85-year-old mother Amri Devi protesting the
attachment of the property of her absconding daughter Indra,
has asked the counsel of the petitioner to make CBI also a
party in the case.
Amri had objected to the attachment of the ancestral
property claiming that no division of her property has ever
undertaken and hence, the property as indicated by the CBI as
her share, is not her share.
"We will give an application to the CBI to appear before
the court to reply to the petition along with the government,"
her counsel Sunil Joshi.
The court has also sought the details from the CBI as to
how many times Indra Bishnoi was summoned for interrogation
and how many times she ignore the CBI`s summons.
Indra Bishnoi has also filed two separate petitions
protesting the issuance of arrest warrant against her and
order of the attachment of her property by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing