Bhanwari case: Mahipal Maderna seeks bail
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
Maderna, arrested in Bhanwari Devi case, on Wednesday filed a plea in
a CBI court seeking bail on ground of attending to his sick
father and participating in the assembly session.
The move came after Maderna, who was arrested on December
2, refused to accept an official letter intimating him about
the start of the session, as an apparent mark of protest.
Though, the primary ground for the bail was cited as
illness of Maderna`s father, Paras Ram Maderna, but attendance
of session is also one of the reasons cited in the plea.
Earlier, another accused, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh
Bishnoi, had also applied for the interim bail solely for the
purpose of attending the session.
Both the pleas are listed for hearing on Thursday.
Paras Ram Maderna was admitted to the ICU of the SMS
Hospital on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, The High Court, while hearing a plea by
Bishnoi`s 85-year-old mother Amri Devi protesting the
attachment of the property of her absconding daughter Indra,
has asked the counsel of the petitioner to make CBI also a
party in the case.
Amri had objected to the attachment of the ancestral
property claiming that no division of her property has ever
undertaken and hence, the property as indicated by the CBI as
her share, is not her share.
"We will give an application to the CBI to appear before
the court to reply to the petition along with the government,"
her counsel Sunil Joshi.
The court has also sought the details from the CBI as to
how many times Indra Bishnoi was summoned for interrogation
and how many times she ignore the CBI`s summons.
Indra Bishnoi has also filed two separate petitions
protesting the issuance of arrest warrant against her and
order of the attachment of her property by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai