Bhanwari case: Main accused sent to CBI remand
Jodhpur: The CBI custody of Shahabuddin, the key suspect in the Bhanwari Devi missing case, was extended till October 31 by a court here on Monday.
Shahbuddin, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, surrendered before Metropolitan Magistrate (Economic Offences) Alka Gupta on Saturday and was remanded to two-day CBI custody.
Gupta, dismissing the CBI`s plea of 12 days extension,
granted an extension of a week and also directed the agency to
get the medical examination of Shahabuddin done after every 48
Shahabuddin was produced before the court today by the
CBI after his remand expired.
His counsel Jagmal Singh Choudhary moved an application
before the court seeking the medical examination of
Shahabuddin every 48 hours at the MG Hospital of Jodhpur and
presence of his counsel or any of his representatives during
interrogation by the investigating agency.
The court allowed the medical examination but dismissed
the condition that it should be done at MG Hospital on the
contention of the CBI that they will have to take Shahabuddin
out of Jodhpur for identification of some places.
The court turned down the plea of the petitioner seeking
presence of the counsel or any of his representative at the
time of interrogation.
Choudhary also demanded a fixed time schedule for the
interrogation which also was turned down by the court calling
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why