Bhanwari case: Main accused surrenders
Jodhpur: In a major breakthrough in Bhanwari Devi missing case, main accused Shahbuddin surrendered before a CBI court in Jodhpur on Saturday.
Shahbuddin has been missing ever since his name figured in the FIR.
Shahbuddin, carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, surrendered before Metropolitan Magistrate (Economic Offences) Alka Gupta who is dealing with the CBI cases in the absense of the CBI Magisrate.
Soon after the surrender he was taken for a medical check up.
A history-sheeter, Shahbuddin is the main accused in the case in which former Rajasthan Rajasthan Water Resources minister minister Mahipal Maderna is allegedly involved.
Maderna was removed from his post yesterday.
The CBI had on October 11 taken over probe into disappearance of Bhanwari Devi. The CBI, which is probing the case, suspects Bhanwari Devi may have been murdered.
CBI registered a case in this regard after the state government requested the Centre last month to hand it over to the agency.
Devi was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur district.
The nurse last registered her presence at the sub-centre on August 24 and has since been absent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player