Bhanwari case: Main accused surrenders
Jodhpur: In a major breakthrough in Bhanwari Devi missing case, main accused Shahbuddin surrendered before a CBI court in Jodhpur on Saturday.
Shahbuddin has been missing ever since his name figured in the FIR.
Shahbuddin, carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, surrendered before Metropolitan Magistrate (Economic Offences) Alka Gupta who is dealing with the CBI cases in the absense of the CBI Magisrate.
Soon after the surrender he was taken for a medical check up.
A history-sheeter, Shahbuddin is the main accused in the case in which former Rajasthan Rajasthan Water Resources minister minister Mahipal Maderna is allegedly involved.
Maderna was removed from his post yesterday.
The CBI had on October 11 taken over probe into disappearance of Bhanwari Devi. The CBI, which is probing the case, suspects Bhanwari Devi may have been murdered.
CBI registered a case in this regard after the state government requested the Centre last month to hand it over to the agency.
Devi was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur district.
The nurse last registered her presence at the sub-centre on August 24 and has since been absent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach