Bhanwari case: Main accused surrenders
Jodhpur: In a major breakthrough in Bhanwari Devi missing case, main accused Shahbuddin surrendered before a CBI court in Jodhpur on Saturday.
Shahbuddin has been missing ever since his name figured in the FIR.
Shahbuddin, carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, surrendered before Metropolitan Magistrate (Economic Offences) Alka Gupta who is dealing with the CBI cases in the absense of the CBI Magisrate.
Soon after the surrender he was taken for a medical check up.
A history-sheeter, Shahbuddin is the main accused in the case in which former Rajasthan Rajasthan Water Resources minister minister Mahipal Maderna is allegedly involved.
Maderna was removed from his post yesterday.
The CBI had on October 11 taken over probe into disappearance of Bhanwari Devi. The CBI, which is probing the case, suspects Bhanwari Devi may have been murdered.
CBI registered a case in this regard after the state government requested the Centre last month to hand it over to the agency.
Devi was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur district.
The nurse last registered her presence at the sub-centre on August 24 and has since been absent.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today