Bhanwari case: Malkhan fails to appear before CBI
Jodhpur: Congress MLA Malkhan Singh on Saturday did not turn up for questioning by CBI despite its summons in connection with the missing case of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
"The CBI had summoned him today but he did not turn up.
Though his son came in the evening to tell that he was in New
Delhi but his absence has been taken as his avoidance of the
summons," said CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra.
Singh has been interrogated four times so far and was
summoned after a long pause.
Meanwhile the CBI, took Bhanwari`s arrested husband
Amarchand to Pipar, where the last location of the missing
nurse`s mobile was found soon after her abduction on September
1, to verify the facts stated by him.
Amarchand in his FIR had said that he had gone to Pipar
on September 1, the day Bhanwari went missing, to get his car
Amarchand was arrested on December 8 by CBI for his
conflicting versions during questioning and being
He had said he called Bhanwari on September 1, after
getting his car repaired, to receive her at a restaurant. For
this CBI has quizzed his driver, the garage mechanic, and the
The CBI has already recorded the statements of driver of
Amarchand`s car Farookh on Friday.
Malkhan Singh`s sister, Indra Bishnoi, who also is one of
the main suspects of the case and has been interrogated a
number of times, is also absconding apparently with a view to
evade CBI summons.
The CBI said it will issue Singh fresh summons and will
take any further avoidance seriously.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why