Bhanwari case: Malkhan Singh moves bail plea
Jodhpur: Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi,
who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi case, on Tuesday
moved CBI court seeking interim bail to attend the upcoming
Budget Session of the Rajasthan Assembly.
This is the first ever bail application in the case, in
which 16 accused have so far been arrested by the CBI.
Bishnoi`s counsel, Vinod Sharma, on Tuesday moved an
application in the CBI court seeking an interim bail for 40
days so that he can attend the Budget Session commencing from
The court admitted the application and listed the matter
for hearing on February 23, Public Prosecutor (CBI) SS Yadav
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone
missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1. During the
CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and
killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv
Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'