Bhanwari case: Malkhan Singh moves bail plea
Jodhpur: Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi,
who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi case, on Tuesday
moved CBI court seeking interim bail to attend the upcoming
Budget Session of the Rajasthan Assembly.
This is the first ever bail application in the case, in
which 16 accused have so far been arrested by the CBI.
Bishnoi`s counsel, Vinod Sharma, on Tuesday moved an
application in the CBI court seeking an interim bail for 40
days so that he can attend the Budget Session commencing from
The court admitted the application and listed the matter
for hearing on February 23, Public Prosecutor (CBI) SS Yadav
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone
missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1. During the
CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and
killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv
Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden