Bhanwari case: Notices issued to CBI, Home Secy
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday issued
notices to CBI and the state Home Secretary on a writ petition
filed by Amri Devi, mother of arrested Congress MLA Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi in the Bhanwari Devi case.
According to the family members of 80-year-old Amri Devi,
mother of absconding Indira Bishnoi (an accused in Bhanwari
Devi case), the CBI had called her twice for questioning at
the circuit house on January and February 1 after which she
was admitted to a hospital.
However, the CBI in a press note had claimed that Amri was
not called for questioning.
Single bench of justice Govind Mathur issued the notices
to the CBI Director and SP, and the state home secretary and
sought reply on February 10.
The summoning of the ailing lady also sparked agitation,
as members of Bishnoi community took out a protest rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight