Bhanwari case: Notices issued to CBI, Home Secy
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday issued
notices to CBI and the state Home Secretary on a writ petition
filed by Amri Devi, mother of arrested Congress MLA Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi in the Bhanwari Devi case.
According to the family members of 80-year-old Amri Devi,
mother of absconding Indira Bishnoi (an accused in Bhanwari
Devi case), the CBI had called her twice for questioning at
the circuit house on January and February 1 after which she
was admitted to a hospital.
However, the CBI in a press note had claimed that Amri was
not called for questioning.
Single bench of justice Govind Mathur issued the notices
to the CBI Director and SP, and the state home secretary and
sought reply on February 10.
The summoning of the ailing lady also sparked agitation,
as members of Bishnoi community took out a protest rally.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?