Bhanwari case probe moving in right direction: CBI
Jaipur: The CBI on Saturday said the investigation into the Bhanwari Devi case was moving in the right direction
and the agency was trying to ascertain whether the missing
nurse was alive.
"Investigation into the Bhanwari Devi missing case is
heading in right direction. Once we get exact status of Devi
(whether she is alive or dead) we will shift our focus on all
those involved in the matter," a CBI spokesperson said here.
Former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, a key accused,
has not been summoned yet, the spokesperson said, adding the
step will be taken once the probe team collects evidence
The agency is also interrogating Shahbuddin, another key
accused, who surrendered before a court in Jodhpur on October
Bhanwari (36), posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at a
sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur,
went missing on September one.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged that she was abducted
at the behest of Maderna and his associates. The charges were
denied by Maderna, who was sacked by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on October 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: Know all about revised pay rules
- Life terms for 9 Filipinos over 2013 Malaysia incursion