Bhanwari case probe moving in right direction: CBI
Jaipur: The CBI on Saturday said the investigation into the Bhanwari Devi case was moving in the right direction
and the agency was trying to ascertain whether the missing
nurse was alive.
"Investigation into the Bhanwari Devi missing case is
heading in right direction. Once we get exact status of Devi
(whether she is alive or dead) we will shift our focus on all
those involved in the matter," a CBI spokesperson said here.
Former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, a key accused,
has not been summoned yet, the spokesperson said, adding the
step will be taken once the probe team collects evidence
The agency is also interrogating Shahbuddin, another key
accused, who surrendered before a court in Jodhpur on October
Bhanwari (36), posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at a
sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur,
went missing on September one.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged that she was abducted
at the behest of Maderna and his associates. The charges were
denied by Maderna, who was sacked by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on October 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip