Bhanwari case: Raj HC not happy with the probe
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Thursday
expressed displeasure over the pace of probe in the case of
missing nurse, Bhanwari Devi.
A division bench of justices Govind Mathur and NK Jain
expressed displeasure over the investigation into the case and
directed the government counsel to produce the status report
on October 17, the next date of hearing.
The bench said the investigation has just changed hands
but the responsibility of the state government is still there
to search and produce before the court the nurse missing since
The CBI had taken charge of the investigations into the
Counsel of petitioner Amarchand, husband of Devi, said
despite the lower court`s direction to include state minister
Mahipal Maderna`s name in the FIR, no action has been taken
The Court had earlier raised questions on the state
government`s intention of solving the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive