Bhanwari case: Raj HC not happy with the probe
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Thursday
expressed displeasure over the pace of probe in the case of
missing nurse, Bhanwari Devi.
A division bench of justices Govind Mathur and NK Jain
expressed displeasure over the investigation into the case and
directed the government counsel to produce the status report
on October 17, the next date of hearing.
The bench said the investigation has just changed hands
but the responsibility of the state government is still there
to search and produce before the court the nurse missing since
The CBI had taken charge of the investigations into the
Counsel of petitioner Amarchand, husband of Devi, said
despite the lower court`s direction to include state minister
Mahipal Maderna`s name in the FIR, no action has been taken
The Court had earlier raised questions on the state
government`s intention of solving the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back