Bhanwari case: Raj HC not happy with the probe
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Thursday
expressed displeasure over the pace of probe in the case of
missing nurse, Bhanwari Devi.
A division bench of justices Govind Mathur and NK Jain
expressed displeasure over the investigation into the case and
directed the government counsel to produce the status report
on October 17, the next date of hearing.
The bench said the investigation has just changed hands
but the responsibility of the state government is still there
to search and produce before the court the nurse missing since
The CBI had taken charge of the investigations into the
Counsel of petitioner Amarchand, husband of Devi, said
despite the lower court`s direction to include state minister
Mahipal Maderna`s name in the FIR, no action has been taken
The Court had earlier raised questions on the state
government`s intention of solving the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre