Bhanwari case: Raj HC pulls up Indra Bishnoi`s counsel
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday pulled up the lawyers of Indra Bishnoi, asking them for how long will the accused evade arrest in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Hearing the petition filed by Indra objecting to CBI`s move of attaching and auctioneering her property, Justice Nirmaljit Kaur asked the lawyers to advise Indra that she first surrenders before the court.
During previous hearings also, the court had asked the accused to first surrender before the court.
The prosecution, meanwhile, has said it is going to seek the status report on the health of Mahipal Maderna and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, the other two accused in the case.
Senior special counsel of CBI Ashok Joshi said the probe agency will move an application in the court tomorrow along with a questionnaire about their health status.
Both Maderna and Bishnoi are in Jodhpur on health grounds despite orders of their shifting to Jaipur and Ajmer jails, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender