Bhanwari case: Raj HC pulls up Indra Bishnoi`s counsel
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday pulled up the lawyers of Indra Bishnoi, asking them for how long will the accused evade arrest in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Hearing the petition filed by Indra objecting to CBI`s move of attaching and auctioneering her property, Justice Nirmaljit Kaur asked the lawyers to advise Indra that she first surrenders before the court.
During previous hearings also, the court had asked the accused to first surrender before the court.
The prosecution, meanwhile, has said it is going to seek the status report on the health of Mahipal Maderna and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, the other two accused in the case.
Senior special counsel of CBI Ashok Joshi said the probe agency will move an application in the court tomorrow along with a questionnaire about their health status.
Both Maderna and Bishnoi are in Jodhpur on health grounds despite orders of their shifting to Jaipur and Ajmer jails, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown