Bhanwari case: Rajasthan minister on way out
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s Water Resources Minister
Mahipal Maderna, who is suspected to be involved in the case
of mysterious disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi, is being
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot is understood to
have decided to send to the state Governor his recommendation
to remove Maderna from the government after his attempt to get
his resignation failed.
Sources said Gehlot had told the minister earlier to
resign after his name cropped up in the case but he refused to
In view of position taken by Maderna, the Chief Minister
is believed to have decided to sack him, they said.
The CBI had on October 11 taken over probe into the case
of disappearance of Bhanwari Devi in which allegations about
Maderna`s involvement have been levelled.
The agency has registered a case in this regard after
the Rajasthan government requested the Centre last month to
hand it over to the agency.
Devi (36), who was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a
sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur
district, went missing on September 1. Her husband Amarchand
has alleged that she was abducted at the behest of Maderna and
his associates. These charges have been refuted by the
minister and his associates.
The nurse last registered her presence at the sub-centre
on August 24 and was absent after that. Locals say she led a
lavish lifestyle and had political connections.
Her name had sprung up sometime back after a CD which
allegedly showed her in compromising position with the
minister and an MLA was circulated.
The Jodhpur police have already announced a cash reward of
Rs 4,000 for any information regarding Bhanwari. The police
had arrested a contractor Sohana Lal Vishnoi soon after she
The woman had sold her car to Vishnoi and was on her way
to collect payment from him in Bilada on September 1 when she
disappeared, according to police sources.
A few persons were also rounded up from Sikar district
who told police that the woman was allegedly murdered by a
gang in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
Bhanwari, mother of two girls and a son, had also worked
in a few local music video albums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA