Bhanwari case: ‘Rs 5L reward for info on Bishnoi’
New Delhi: The CBI on Wednesday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for information leading to arrest of
Indra Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder
case, who is absconding.
Bishnoi, sister of arrested Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, a
key accused in the murder case, is absconding since December.
CBI had kept the investigation pending against her, which
needs to be completed in order to file the final charge sheet.
The agency today announced the reward for anyone who
provides information about her which could lead to her arrest.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in
connection with the case.
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Bhanwari Devi was strangled and her body burnt in
September last year by a gang allegedly hired by Maderna and
Malkhan Singh, CBI has said in its charge sheet filed before
the special court in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez