Bhanwari case: ‘Rs 5L reward for info on Bishnoi’
New Delhi: The CBI on Wednesday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for information leading to arrest of
Indra Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder
case, who is absconding.
Bishnoi, sister of arrested Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, a
key accused in the murder case, is absconding since December.
CBI had kept the investigation pending against her, which
needs to be completed in order to file the final charge sheet.
The agency today announced the reward for anyone who
provides information about her which could lead to her arrest.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in
connection with the case.
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Bhanwari Devi was strangled and her body burnt in
September last year by a gang allegedly hired by Maderna and
Malkhan Singh, CBI has said in its charge sheet filed before
the special court in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof