Bhanwari case: ‘Rs 5L reward for info on Bishnoi’
New Delhi: The CBI on Wednesday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for information leading to arrest of
Indra Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder
case, who is absconding.
Bishnoi, sister of arrested Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, a
key accused in the murder case, is absconding since December.
CBI had kept the investigation pending against her, which
needs to be completed in order to file the final charge sheet.
The agency today announced the reward for anyone who
provides information about her which could lead to her arrest.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in
connection with the case.
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Bhanwari Devi was strangled and her body burnt in
September last year by a gang allegedly hired by Maderna and
Malkhan Singh, CBI has said in its charge sheet filed before
the special court in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley