Bhanwari case: Two key witnesses missing
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Saturday remanded two key
accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case in judicial custody.
Both Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi had surrendered
on January 25 and were in CBI custody since then.
Two important witnesses, whose interrogation is crucial
in the case, are missing as they are not responding to the
They are Choga Ram Bishnoi, cousin of jailed MLA Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi, and Shambhu Singh Khetasar, who had contested
the assembly election from Osian as an Independent.
Choga Ram appeared two-three days for questioning but
suddenly disappeared, CBI sources said.
Similarly, Khetasar, who was grilled four-five times,
was not responding to CBI calls, they said.
The agency, which is close to filing the final charge
sheet in the abduction and murder of 36-year-old Bhanwari,
is also looking for one of the main accused Indra Bishnoi,
sister of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
The MLA is in judicial custody till February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh