Bhanwari case: Two key witnesses missing
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Saturday remanded two key
accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case in judicial custody.
Both Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi had surrendered
on January 25 and were in CBI custody since then.
Two important witnesses, whose interrogation is crucial
in the case, are missing as they are not responding to the
They are Choga Ram Bishnoi, cousin of jailed MLA Malkhan
Singh Bishnoi, and Shambhu Singh Khetasar, who had contested
the assembly election from Osian as an Independent.
Choga Ram appeared two-three days for questioning but
suddenly disappeared, CBI sources said.
Similarly, Khetasar, who was grilled four-five times,
was not responding to CBI calls, they said.
The agency, which is close to filing the final charge
sheet in the abduction and murder of 36-year-old Bhanwari,
is also looking for one of the main accused Indra Bishnoi,
sister of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
The MLA is in judicial custody till February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH