Bhanwari case: Two sent to 5-day police custody
Jodhpur: A local court on Friday granted five-
day police custody of Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Shahabuddin, the
key accused in Bhanwari Devi disappearance case, in connection
with a case registered against them for getting two SIM cards
using fake identities.
The Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Pipar, granted
the custody of the duo after police submitted a production
warrant for the same in the court.
Police had sought their custody under the relevant
sections of IT Act.
Earlier, a case was registered two days ago at the Pipar
police station, about 60 km from here, against Bishnoi and
Shahabuddin for using fake documents to procure SIM cards used
in the alleged abduction of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
While checking the call details of the missing nurse, the
CBI had found these two numbers which were apparently used by
The probe agency had found that the two numbers were
issued in the name of `Sundaram` and `Jairam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed