Bhanwari Devi case: Accused Kailash Jakhar held
Jodhpur: Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case accused Kailash Jakhar, who had escaped from the High Court premises here after armed assailants opened fire to help him flee, was today arrested.
On a tip off, police arrested Jakhar from a small hamlet surrounded by sand dunes near Sujangarh in Churu district at about 3 AM, Jodhpur Police Commissioner Bhupendra Kumar Dak said.
"He is currently under the custody of Jodhpur Police and will be produced in court," he said.
The Jodhpur Police had launched a massive operation to trace Jakhar in Johdpur, Barmer and Bikaner districts and had also sent police teams to states like Gujarat, Karnataka and Orissa.
They had also announced a cash reward of Rs.50,000 for any information leading to arrest of Jakhar besides announcing cash rewards of Rs. 1000 each on those who had helped him escape from the court.
Jakhar had escaped from the court premises on June 14 when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Fourteen persons have been arrested for helping Jakhar flee from police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city