Bhanwari Devi case: Arrest warrant issued against Paras Ram
Jodhpur: A local court on Thursday issued arrest warrant against an accused in the sensational Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case and re-read the charges to another accused after which he was arrested and sent back to jail.
The court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (SC/ST cases) issued arrest warrant against Paras Ram Bishnoi, a co-accused and brother of one of the main accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi after he failed to appear before the court for the fifth consecutive time.
It sent another accused Om Prakash Bishnoi to jail after reading out the charges of murder and abduction to him again, Senior Special Counsel of CBI, Ashok Joshi said.
Both of them were bailed out earlier after the court had discharged them of the charges of murder and abduction on October 4, 2012.
The CBI had moved a revision petition in the Rajasthan high court on December 15, 2012 challenging the order of the lower court of deletion of the charges.
The high court reversed this order and directed the lower court to reframe the deleted charges against both of them.
Paras Ram had also moved the Supreme Court against the decision of the high court last week but failed to get any relief there also, after which all his hopes to escape arrest had dashed.
Like in the case of Asaram Bapu, the high court has also directed the lower court to initiate a day to day hearing?in the case.
Justice Nirmal Jeet Kaur had directed the ACJM (SC/ST cases) court to conduct hearing of the case on day-to-day basis in order to ensure speedy justice.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body was burnt at Jaloda.
Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview