Bhanwari Devi case: CBI concludes arguments
Jodhpur: The CBI has completed its arguments on Tuesday in a local court during the trial of the case of abduction and murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The CBI, represented by its Senior Special Counsel Ashok Joshi, has produced all the evidence, circumstantial and concrete or documentary evidences before the court to prove its version and charges.
The defence will begin its arguments challenging the charge-sheet of the investigative agency from tomorrow.
It may be recalled that the trial had begun in the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court from 14 May after a number of deferments on one ground or other. It finally seized to continue on account of summer breaks followed by the transfer of the then magistrate.
The trial resumed afresh after two months from July 25 after the incumbent magistrate Girish Kumar Sharma assumed the charge.
Meanwhile, except Mahipal Maderna, all 15 accused of the case were present for the trial, where Malkhan Singh Bishnoi pleaded exemption from appearance in the court tomorrow on health grounds.
36-year-old auxiliary nurse Bhanwari was abducted and murdered last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say