Bhanwari Devi case: Court again rejects Malkhan`s bail plea
Jodhpur: A local court on Friday again rejected bail application of former Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, an accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Turning down his petition seeking bail on health grounds, ACJM (SC/ST cases) Girish Kumar Sharma accepted arguments of CBI counsel opposing the plea citing evidences of Malkhan`s involvement in the case.
Malkhan had moved a fresh application for the bail on Tuesday.
The court had earlier rejected Malkhan`s bail petition in September this year.
Bishnoi will now continue to remain in Ajmer jail and will have to appear on 19 December to hear the charges framed by the court against him.
His counsel Hemant Nahta argued that his client has not yet recovered after a hernia surgery, and his condition is deteriorating.
"His condition has not improved and not fit for him to stay in jail," Nahta argued.
Opposing the petition, Senior Special Counsel for CBI Ashok Joshi told the court that the hospital has not mentioned anywhere that Malkhan requires further treatment, and has stated him a fit person now.
He also presented medical reports and discharge ticket of Bishnoi provided by the private hospital where he had undergone surgery.
The prosecution also cited the role of Bishnoi in the crime and the strong evidences against him.
"He has serious charges framed on him by the court and is not a fit case for bail," Joshi argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested