Bhanwari Devi case: Custody of 13 accused extended
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
March 13 the judicial custody of sacked Rajasthan minister
Mahipal Maderna, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh and 11 others in
the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
All of them, including Maderna and Paras Ram Bishnoi who
had been directed to appear before the court in person during
the last hearing, were produced before the CBI Magistrate.
The CBI was expected to file another charge sheet in the
case today but due to some lingering documentation work, it
would now be submitted tomorrow, the agency sources said.
It is legally binding on an investigative agency to file
the charge sheet within 90 days of the arrest of an accused.
This stipulated period of 90 days in the case of Maderna
and Paras Ram Bishnoi will be over tomorrow.
Auxiliary nurse Bhanwari Devi, aged 36, went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September one.
During the CBI probe, it was found she was allegedly
abducted, killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them