Bhanwari Devi case: Custody of 13 accused extended
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
March 13 the judicial custody of sacked Rajasthan minister
Mahipal Maderna, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh and 11 others in
the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
All of them, including Maderna and Paras Ram Bishnoi who
had been directed to appear before the court in person during
the last hearing, were produced before the CBI Magistrate.
The CBI was expected to file another charge sheet in the
case today but due to some lingering documentation work, it
would now be submitted tomorrow, the agency sources said.
It is legally binding on an investigative agency to file
the charge sheet within 90 days of the arrest of an accused.
This stipulated period of 90 days in the case of Maderna
and Paras Ram Bishnoi will be over tomorrow.
Auxiliary nurse Bhanwari Devi, aged 36, went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September one.
During the CBI probe, it was found she was allegedly
abducted, killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says