Bhanwari Devi case: Custody of 13 accused extended
Jodhpur: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
March 13 the judicial custody of sacked Rajasthan minister
Mahipal Maderna, Congress MLA Malkhan Singh and 11 others in
the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
All of them, including Maderna and Paras Ram Bishnoi who
had been directed to appear before the court in person during
the last hearing, were produced before the CBI Magistrate.
The CBI was expected to file another charge sheet in the
case today but due to some lingering documentation work, it
would now be submitted tomorrow, the agency sources said.
It is legally binding on an investigative agency to file
the charge sheet within 90 days of the arrest of an accused.
This stipulated period of 90 days in the case of Maderna
and Paras Ram Bishnoi will be over tomorrow.
Auxiliary nurse Bhanwari Devi, aged 36, went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September one.
During the CBI probe, it was found she was allegedly
abducted, killed and her body burnt at Jaloda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic