Bhanwari Devi case: Key suspect Baldev arrested
Jodhpur: In a significant development in the missing nurse Bhanwari Devi case, the Rajasthan police on Friday arrested the key suspect Baldev Ram from Bilada in Jodhpur.
According to police, Baldev Ram is one of the three key suspects in the case. The other two accused are still absconding.
It should be noted that the case became sensational, when the Jodhpur police registered a case of rape, murder and criminal conspiracy against state Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna in connection with the disappearance of a nurse.
The case against Maderna was registered at Bhilada after a local court ordered to make the minister an accused in the FIR lodged in the disappearance of Bhanwari Devi who allegedly featured in a compromising position with the minister on a CD.
Amarchand, husband of the auxiliary nurse and midwife Bhanwari Devi, had approached the civil court in Jodhpur’s Bhilada town accusing the minister of raping and murdering Bhanwari Devi.
“The additional chief judicial magistrate court has directed police to include the minister as an accused and probe his role under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 120B (criminal conspiracy of the Indian Penal Code),” Amarchand’s lawyer Paras Chauhan said yesterday.
The lawyer said that when Amarchand approached police after his wife’s disappearance, changes were made in his complaint. “They left out Maderna’s name and first lodged just a missing person complaint,” he said.
Earlier, the Rajasthan High Court had lambasted the investigating officer in the case and expressed dissatisfaction over the pace of investigations conducted by the police.
The court asked the Inspector General of police, Jodhpur Range, to appear before it and submit an explanation for the “disappointing pace” of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details