Bhanwari Devi case: Maderna`s kin express doubt over CBI probe
Bikaner: The daughter of former Congress legislator Mahipal Maderna, who is in judicial custody for alleged involvement in Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, on Wednesday expressed doubt over the probe carried out by the CBI into it.
Divya Maderna, who is also Jodhpur Zila Parishad member, alleged that it was not probed who filmed the CD, in which her father is allegedly seen in a compromising position with Bhanwari Devi.
"There were more CDs but why only the CD of my father was came out. What happened with other CDs? And who had got the CDs filmed should be probed," Divya said.
When the CD involving Maderna, former state minister, came out in the public domain, he was sacked by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and later, on December 2, 2011 he was arrested by the CBI.
Bhanwari, who was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-center in Jaliwara village in Jodhpur had gone missing in September, 2011.
"I am fully confident that we will come clean in the matter. We have people`s support. Congress party has given us so much and also beyond expectation," Divya said speaking on the sidelines of the Congress party meet held today, attended by Rahul Gandhi with Zila Pramukhs, Zila Parishad members, Pradhan and others, added that she came here in the capacity of a Congress worker.
She said her family would meet the Congress Vice President to brief him about the political situation in Marwar region.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Murthal gang-rape case: Police submits sealed status report in Punjab and Haryana HC
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha