Bhanwari Devi case resumes
Jodhpur: A Jodhpur court Wednesday began fresh hearing of the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case here.
The new magistrate, Girish Kumar Sharma, who assumed charge on Monday, heard the case for over two hours following which he deferred the trial till July 27.
The case was last heard in the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court on May 26. However, the trial was disrupted following the escape of Kailash Jakhar, an accused in the case, from the the High Court premises here after armed assailants opened fire and the transfer of the then magistrate.
Jakhar was later arrested from a small hamlet near Sujangarh in Churu district.
All the 16 accused under judicial custody, except Congress MLA Mahipal Maderna, were present for the hearing today, during which Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi, elaborated the case history right from the beginning.
36-year-old auxiliary nurse Bhanwari was abducted and murdered last year.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16, including Congress MLAs Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak