Bhanwari Devi case resumes
Jodhpur: A Jodhpur court Wednesday began fresh hearing of the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case here.
The new magistrate, Girish Kumar Sharma, who assumed charge on Monday, heard the case for over two hours following which he deferred the trial till July 27.
The case was last heard in the ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court on May 26. However, the trial was disrupted following the escape of Kailash Jakhar, an accused in the case, from the the High Court premises here after armed assailants opened fire and the transfer of the then magistrate.
Jakhar was later arrested from a small hamlet near Sujangarh in Churu district.
All the 16 accused under judicial custody, except Congress MLA Mahipal Maderna, were present for the hearing today, during which Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi, elaborated the case history right from the beginning.
36-year-old auxiliary nurse Bhanwari was abducted and murdered last year.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16, including Congress MLAs Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan