Bhanwari Devi case:HC rejects bail plea of Bishnoi
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Monday rejected the bail application of Paras Ram Bishnoi, a co-accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
The arguments on his bail application were completed on August 21 and the court had kept its decision reserved till Monday.
Objecting to his bail plea, Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi, said Bishnoi is the close relative of main accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and also Indra Bishnoi, who has not appeared before the court despite assuring otherwise.
Joshi argued in court that Paras Ram was allegedly aware of every development related to Bhanwari`s murder, from her death to the arrangements to keep his accused relatives away from the law.
Hearing both the sides, the High Court finally rejected the bail application.
Meanwhile, the ACJM reserved his order for Tuesday, the defence plea to strike down the CBI`s findings on Malkhan Singh and Paras Ram from its chargesheet.
The CBI argued in court that neither the court has any jurisdiction to decide on this matter nor there is any provision in the CrPC for this deletion, hence the application was not maintainable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users