Bhanwari Devi case:HC rejects bail plea of Bishnoi
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Monday rejected the bail application of Paras Ram Bishnoi, a co-accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
The arguments on his bail application were completed on August 21 and the court had kept its decision reserved till Monday.
Objecting to his bail plea, Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi, said Bishnoi is the close relative of main accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and also Indra Bishnoi, who has not appeared before the court despite assuring otherwise.
Joshi argued in court that Paras Ram was allegedly aware of every development related to Bhanwari`s murder, from her death to the arrangements to keep his accused relatives away from the law.
Hearing both the sides, the High Court finally rejected the bail application.
Meanwhile, the ACJM reserved his order for Tuesday, the defence plea to strike down the CBI`s findings on Malkhan Singh and Paras Ram from its chargesheet.
The CBI argued in court that neither the court has any jurisdiction to decide on this matter nor there is any provision in the CrPC for this deletion, hence the application was not maintainable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'